Although Year 6 is going to be hard work, we’re very excited about the learning we’re going to be participating in this year!
We have all made a really good start to our last year at Woodlands. This term our topic is ‘Land of the Free’ where we are discovering all things American. As part of this topic, we will be learning about America, including: landmarks, states, Native Americans, extreme weather, significant events in American history and lots more. We have planned our learning together and have created Key questions to explore.
In our science topic, we will be learning about living things and their habitats during Autumn 1.
The homework expectations for year 6 are as follows:
- Reading with an adult at home at least 2 times a week (Parents need to comment and sign the reading record). On the other days, children to read independently and comment in their reading diary.
- Rapid recall/practise of times tables and other mathematical facts (This could involve: practising times tables, calculations, number facts, problem solving when shopping – e.g working out the total cost and change etc).
- Further to this there will be at least one piece of homework a week. This will be given out on a Friday and must be returned on the following Thursday.
- Occasionally a homework project will be given and this will need to be completed over a specific number of weeks. When a project is given, there is an expectation that this will represent a few weeks of effort.
- Spellings from each unit of the spelling scheme will be posted on the website. These will be posted when the new unit starts.
Inside PE is on Monday and outside PE is on Tuesday.
We look forward to keeping you updated with photos and our news!