We’re really proud of our smart looking children in our school uniform here at Woodlands. The uniform makes things easier for parents too as it’s affordable and durable. You can read more about what you’ll need below. If you are looking to buy items you can skip straight to our uniform shop page in our parent’s area.
Our Uniform List
Nursery/Reception and KS1 (Yrs 1-2)
- Green Crewe Neck sweatshirt / Cardigan with school logo, Plain white polo-shirt, grey or black trousers or skirt and black school shoes (no sandals or trainers).
KS2 (Yrs 3-6)
- Green V-Neck sweatshirt / Cardigan with school logo, Plain white cotton shirt, school tie, grey or black trousers or skirt.
- For summer wear, short sleeve shirts/blouses may be worn and girls may also wear green gingham dresses.
- The School PE Kit consists of a white T shirt and black shorts. During PE lessons all personal effects should be removed. Staff will give a verbal reminder to pupils. If they cannot be removed (i.e. recently pierced ears with studs), staff have a duty of care to ensure that pupils are able to participate without unnecessarily endangering themselves or those working around them.
- We ask all children to wear safe, flat sensible shoes with good grips and no jeans / training pants, please. This will be monitored by the staff and Headteacher.
- Although, we have no dress code for coats, we would like to point out that light coloured coats or those with reflective bands or strips are safer in the winter, when it is dark by home-time.
- Money, watches, mobile phones and any other valuable items are brought to school entirely at your own risk, we ask you to please discourage this. We discourage children using mobile phones in school. If your child arrives at school with a mobile phone, it will be collected and kept safely until home time by the class teacher. This is part of school policy we request that parents respect this.
All children are involved in outdoor learning. Please ensure that on the specified days your child comes equiped with clothing suitable for outdoors including warm coat and appropriate shoes in winter and on colder days.
If your child has hair that is shoulder length or longer, for safety reasons we recommend that it is tied up. No ornate colourful hair accessories to be used.
The wearing of jewellery by pupils at our school is strongly discouraged on Health and Safety grounds and as a deterrent to potential theft, damage and loss. Items of jewellery are worn at the owner’s risk and the school will not be held responsible for the actions of a third parties.
Small stud earrings for Health and Safety Reasons should only be worn as there is greater risk of injury with larger and dangly earrings.
If a pupil wishes to wear a wrist band of any sort, only one to be worn at any one time.
The school’s policy is to tape over studs (please provide tape) during P.E Lessons. Studs are the only earrings allowed to be worn in school.
Woodlands Primary & Nursery School accept no responsibility whatsoever for lost property, no matter how caused.
Please visit the uniform shop page in our Parents’ Area:
Uniform Bursary if you are in receipt of benefits:-
The Education Trust has a bursary to assist parents in receipt of benefits to purchase school uniforms.
Please find attached a link to the site and a copy of the application letter which must be completed.
Or alternatively you can obtain a copy from the school office – Thank you